Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mommy, I Need A Wooden Spoon!

This afternoon Dacia Grace came to me in the kitchen with her Snow White doll in her arms.

"Mommy, I need a wooden spoon for my Snow White. She is disobeying me." Dacia Grace told me with a very serious look on her face.

"What honey?" I asked her trying very desparately to keep a straight face.

"I need the wooden spoon."

"Honey, you will need to look for a wooden spoon in your kitchen." I told her as we went out on the screen porch to look at her kitchen utensils.

Dacia Grace found a plastic "wooden spoon". Back inside, she and Snow White sat down in her Elmo chair "to talk" at which time Snow White was given a spanking.

A few minutes later, I noticed her playing with Snow White. Daddy asked her, "Is Snow White obeying now? Did she ask you for forgiveness and pray with her?"

"Oh yes!"

We had the hardest time keeping a straight face during this conversation and play time. We know that Dacia Grace's understanding of obeying Mommy and Daddy is growing as well as her love for Jesus and desire to please Him above all! We are grateful for our loving Father who corrects us when we need it and extends grace and mercy as well. I pray that we model that same love, grace and mercy to Dacia Grace. I know that we do not and this brings me back to His grace and love!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fav spoon story is when we left San Deigo to move to Holland. To my amazement under Amanda's bed/mattress was a wild array of wooden spoons. She was by then in Jr high, but remembered that she used to every once in a while go get one from the kitchen and go hide it, figuring that way, the liklihood of actually geting a spanking with one would deminish. Too funny.