Sunday, December 4, 2016

Day 4 - December Photo Project



Handmade by my grandmother many years ago.  One of my favorite Christmas items that I actually keep out all year long. Along with this wonderful cardinal, she sewed quilts one of which was a wedding gift to Arthur and I even though she had died many years prior to us meeting!

She was an amazing lady. She was born in the early 1900's and lived to see the car become a common place mode of transportation.  She worked as a librarian.  Lived through two world wars, Korean War and Vietnam War.  She saw the telephone become a common household fixture as well as electricity, indoor plumbing, running water, radios and televisions.  She played the piano and the organ beautifully.  

She loved God and was devoted to Him wholeheartedly. I am also privileged to own her Bible and several of her devotional books.  Reading her notes in her Bible and her devotional books is such a wonderful encouragement to me.

0 comments: