Monday, September 19, 2011

Simple Woman’s Daybook

Outside my window...
signs of fall are all around.  The air was colder this morning.  The clouds were here most of the morning.  The air smells of fall.  The leaves are beginning to change.  

I am thinking... 
about fall recipes!  Making lists of recipes that we want to make and/or try in the coming months.

I am thankful for...
the wonderful time that we had in Hood River yesterday.

From the learning rooms...
we are making up some activities that we were not able to fit into the schedule last week.  I love that we are able to be flexible this way.

From the kitchen...
my counters are covered in fresh fruit from our trip to Hood River yesterday.  The blueberries were still in season and we were able to pick almost 20 pounds of Elliots.  We also came home with 25 pounds of peaches and about 10 pounds of pears. 

Tonight we will have stuffed peppers with quinoa which is a new recipe for us. 

I am wearing...
a red three-quarter sleeve tee-shirt with blue yoga pants, striped socks with cats on them and a pair of blueberry Dansko clogs.

I am creating...
nothing right now.  I will begin thinking about Christmas here in a week or so.

I am reading...
the teacher’s manual for school.

I am praying...
for the upcoming UN vote on partitioning Jerusalem and Israel.

I am hearing...
Bob and Larry Sing the 80’s otherwise known as The Gourds Just Wanna Have Fun by the Veggie Tales.

Around the house...
things are actually doing quite well!  That is amazing!

One of my favorite things...
fresh blueberries and peaches!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
a special field trip on Thursday and the beginning of Bible study on Wednesday morning.

My Picture Thought...

DSC_0527 Still love that my girlie was baptized last week!
Here Pastor Brett is praying for her while Daddy watches.

0 comments: