Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chosen Name

This morning I had a very interesting conversation with Dacia Grace regarding what she likes to be called. Her choices were:

Dacia, Dac or Dacia Grace

Her choice.......Dacia Grace.

"When you introduce yourself to someone, what do you tell them your name is?" I asked.

"Dacia Grace!" was her very definitive response. "You need to work on that Mommy."

"Okay, I will Dacia Grace."

Off she went to play but coming back several times today to ask me, "So what is my name, Mommy?"

So cute!

I remember I was about her age when I had a similar conversation with my mother about my name choice. So I guess....like mother, like daughter!

2 comments:

Hook House said...

Soooo cute! A couple of weeks ago I asked Hannah if I could call her Gracie. Her names means "full of grace" but also we just finished watching an awesome soccer movie and the main characters name is Gracie. Hannah didn't mind so I call her Gracie here and there....I guess it's back to that old saying...out of the mouths of babes...and teenagers. :o)

BETHANY said...

So sweet.