Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Birth at the Homs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is a red letter day in our lives here! This one is right up there with those handful of days that are so special.......

the day that I met Arthur!

the day I married Arthur!

the day I found out that we were expecting Dacia Grace!

the day I gave birth to Dacia Grace!

the day I knew that God had healed my little girl!

Are you on pins and needles yet?................

Today at about 5:15 PM there was another birth in our family........................Dacia Grace asked Jesus in her heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What could be more exciting than that! What a privilege I had to lead her in the sinner's prayer...I cannot tell you what a wonderful and humbling experience that was! That God would allow me to show my daughter how to be spiritually healed......to be fully alive in Jesus!

Let me back up here........this morning we attended the Moms Group lead by two wonderfully godly women from our church. They are teaching a group of moms what a godly wife and mom looks like and what all it entails. WOW! (That will have to be another post!)

On the way home from the Moms Group, Dacia asked, "When are we going to go to heaven with Jesus?" This lead to a conversation about the only way to get to heaven was for Jesus to either come back and call all of His children to come home with Him (i.e. the rapture of the church) or for us to die and go to heaven to be with Him. Of course we talked to a great extent about who the children of Jesus really are......then we talked about the wonderful things that God had made...the rain clouds, the pretty flowers, etc.

Fast forward to late afternoon, nap time is done. Mommy's errands finished. Dacia Grace spent sometime visiting her favorite neighbor....

"Will Jesus live in my heart forever Mommy?" Dacia Grace asked as soon as we came in the door.

For once I was in tune with Dacia Grace and attentive to what was going on in her heart (thank you Paula and Alissa for your words today!). I stopped what I was doing and began talking to her. It became very clear that she understood the basics of salvation! I asked her, "Dacia Grace do you want to pray and ask Jesus to come and live in your heart forever!"

Her eyes lit up, "Yes, Yes MOMMY!"

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to ponder this some more......what a way to begin my gratitude journal! (An assignment from the Moms Group!) I cannot stop the tears from flowing.....I am so amazed by the whole experience today!


Here is my little girl......walking through the mud puddles yesterday at the Tulip Festival.....

Dacia Grace may you walk as confidently with God and as joyfully with God as you did through the mud puddles yesterday.......knowing that God is there in the midst of the mud puddles.....walking with you each and everyday.......

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you , nor will I ever forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or sword?.....But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who love us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35, 37-39

13 comments:

Momma T said...

Oh my goodness! I have tears running down my face! Congratulations! Wooohoooo! Oh, you're so right, what a wonderful privelege to be with your precious child when she accepted Jesus into her heart! Celebration at the Hom's tonight!!!

Unknown said...

A new little sister....Praise God!!!! I was about her age when I came to the Lord. All of heaven is rejoicing. Love you all.

Ann (MtnLdy)

Rachelle said...

Wow, that is an amazing story.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! HALLELUJAH!!

Strauss House said...

Celebration at the Hom's AND in heaven!! You must have such a happy heart as a mom right now - Praise the LORD!

Vinae said...

Ah, Mary Lou, what a perfect end to the day! Thank you Lord for bringing Dacia Grace into your fold!!

Unknown said...

What a blessing! Mary Lou and Arthur and Dacia, you're oh so right. We couldn't miss this blog entry. There's a party going on in heaven for this precious little girl!! Congratulations, Dacia. YEA!!!

Uncle Wing

Anonymous said...

I still remember when my oldest son asked Jesus into his heart when he was almost three years old over 20 years ago. It was a wonderful experience all springing from his questions about heaven -- much like your Dacia Grace! How very precious and what a privilege to live in this country and have the freedom and means to be home with our babies and lead them to Jesus! Happy Birthday, Dacia Grace! Hugs to Mommy!

Michelle said...

Yeah, Dacia! What a great blessing for you, Mary Lou.

Unknown said...

wow :) What a wonderful story to brighten my day! Congrats- I hope expectantly for that day as a mom :)

Patti Bradley said...

Wow words can't even express the excitement! Dacia Grace is such and amazing blessing to you and all of us who get to share the joy of her in our lives!

The Biles said...

So COOOOOOOOOOOL. I love that she is so young, but still comprehends the love of God. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

:) Celebrating with you in your precious JOY!! Thank you for sharing your stories with us! Happy Birthday Dacia Grace! Love and hugs, Connie