Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hold You, Mommy

I would like to dedicate this song to my precious daughter, Dacia Grace. I will always be here for you!

Hold You, Mommy

My heart is filled with joy as I hold you in my arms
Knowing all you want and all you need is truly found in me.
God's precious gift of love is all wrapped up in you.
I want to raise you up to love the Lord the way He wants me to.
I'll cherish each and every time I hold you in my arms.
Oh I know the days are passing much too fast.
But when this time has come and gone I'll hold the memory
Of your little arms extended up to me, saying...

Hold you, Mommy. Hold you, Mommy.
Safe within your arms of love is where I long to be.
Hold you, Mommy. Oh hold you Mommy
Just like the Father up above, surround me with Your perfect love again.

When you fall and skin your knee and come running back to me
I want to be the one to wipe your tears, kiss your hurts, calm your fears.
When you wake up in the night and cry out in the dark
I want to hold you close, whisper in your ear, "Everything will be alright."
I know there'll come a time when I won't hold you in my arms.
You won't need my hugs or want them anymore.
But how I want my arms to always be a refuge in your eyes
No matter where you roam or the changes in your life.


by Laurie Hilliard

0 comments: