Monday, December 28, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window...
the wintery grayness and rain abounds but if I look carefully I see the promise of new life and spring.  The winter greens are growing and will soon be ready for the table (our neighbor's not ours) and the winter flowers are near to bursting forth into bloom.  The squirrels and the hummingbirds in our backyard actively dart from one activity to another.  Occasionally the hummingbird will stay suspended in motion right outside my dining room window until I acknowledge him.  He is such a "social butterfly".

I am thinking...
school plans!  Yep, this morning most of what I am thinking about revolves around the plans that need to be made for the next six weeks of school.  I am actually quite thankful that God has lead us to school in six week chunks of time.  It is so much more manageable for me.

I am thankful ....
my sweet husband fixed my wireless mouse.  Sometimes it is the simplest of things that make one's day easier!

From the learning rooms...
we will slowly be starting back to our routine and schedule as we begin another six week term.  It was not my intention to school six weeks on and two weeks off but through my husband God has definitely lead us to this new schedule.  It works well for us.  Keeps us focused and fresh.

From the kitchen...
I will be working on tidying up, putting away the Christmas goodness that occupied the last few weeks.  Need to clean out the fridge.  Also will be doing some menu planning which is NOT my strongest suit.  But for now coffee is brewing which always means I am planning on accomplishing many of my To Do items.

I am wearing...
blue corduroy pants with a blue sweater and my "get it done" shoes.  :)

I am creating...
a list of best loved memory verses for the New Year.  In late November I realized just how much I missed memorizing The Word and so that is on the docket for next year....2016 may it be the year of The Word!  I asked many of my homeschooling moms for their favorites as well as my husband.  Hopefully I will have it read for later this week.

I am reading...
a wonderful blog post from Sally Clarkson's blog on her website.  I was challenged and blessed as I read the post.  REST!  In one word....REST!  God is calling me to rest.  Not in action but rest.......rest from stressing about how I will get it all done.  Rest.   Making sure that each day is filled with a time of rest.

I am praying...
for clear direction for the upcoming school term.  What are the goals that need to be set and accomplished?  How can I help Dacia grow into her full potential as a new eleven year old?  What are the ways Arthur needs me to support him in the new year?

I am hearing...
Matthew West .........  Grace wins everytime! on the radio, the furnace warming up the home and Dacia waking up and readying herself for a new day.

Around the house...
are reminders of the wonderful time we had as a family this last week celebrating Christmas and two birthdays.  So many precious memories were made and cemented into our memory banks.  We even had "snow" for a brief time yesterday! Granted you had to look very hard at the precipitation coming down in order to see the snow!

One of my favorite things...
the quietness of the morning with a cup of coffee as I "journal". Really working at keeping up with the blog this year.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
decluttering, tidying and blessing the family with a clean home.

My Picture Thought...


0 comments: