Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...
darkness has fallen which allows me to see the reflection of the Christmas lights that adorn our tree and our windows. 

I am thinking... 
the very first Christmas preparation many years ago.......packing and checking twice to make sure that all the meager supplies are accounted for since the trip will be long and the circumstances hard.  Mary wondering if her time will come to deliver her baby while they are on the trip.  Where will she deliver?  Will they be safe on their trip?  What will become of their time in Bethlehem?

I am thankful ....

Dacia still is in awe of Christmas and the anticipation of it all.  This year we will be joined by dear family friends.  

From the learning rooms...
I am anticipating the return to the smoothness a school schedule gives us! We start back on Monday, the 27th after two weeks off.

From the kitchen...
gingerbread cookies need to be baked and decorated for Christmas Eve.

I am wearing...
warm pants.....dark colored......and a warm wool sweater as I try to combat the cold chill the rains are bringing.

I am creating...

working with some muslin to make a table runner and making some new tea towels for the kitchen. 

I am reading...
The Lifegiving Home by Sally and Sarah Clarkson which will be out after the first of the year.  I am privilege to be in the launch party so I have been working on reading the pre-release copy.

I am praying...
the peace of Jerusalem to come soon. 

I am hearing...

Dacia organize the gift under the tree and the brass sounds of Christmas carols.........so Christmasy.

Around the house...

we are in full anticipation of Christmas and birthdays.

One of my favorite things...

blessing my family gifts for their birthdays.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
lots of relaxing with the family.  

My Picture Thought...
a blast from the past.....ten years ago we were anticipating her first birthday.......wow!



0 comments: