Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Reading Nook

From the first day that Dacia Grace and I looked at this house with a realtor,  the closet under the steps has been hers.  She has loved that room from the beginning!  When we moved in, she came up to about 2/3rds of the door and it was a half size door!  She now has to duck into the door to acess it.  Still she loves it!  Still it is hers!

Her mini room has been a toy closet, a kitchen, a doll house, etc.  Today it was transformed again!  Today I created a reading nook.  It was super easy!  The crib mattress that she outgrew years ago fits inside perfectly thus providing a great cushion!   (So glad I did not get rid of that mattress.)  The armed reading pillow fits.  Add a pillow pet and a blanket or two and we were set.

Oh wait....lights!

I remembered an old bed lamp!  That coupled with an extension cord......lights!

I also found an extra French bulletin board to hang in there.  You can see it in the photo below.

This afternoon Dacia Grace spent hours in there reading and writing.  Tonight Arthur crawled in to ead several chapters of Mr. Poppers Penguins with her.  I think this will be the best use yet.  I can see it being used for years to come!  

Here are the results!



5 comments:

Stacie said...

What an awesome idea for a reading nook. I just a cute little bench that would make a great reading nook. Just wish I had more space in the house as it's small. I wanted my husband to make it as we saw it in a wood working book.

Dawn said...

The thought of having a cute room like that is wonderful (brings back memories actually as my grandfather's house used to have something similar). Having it as a "book nook" is EVEN BETTER! I LOVE that idea! Praying she continues to enjoy her 'special little place'!

Lara V said...

That's a really cute idea. My daughter would love that. Our house istiny so finding room for things like this have to be on hold for now.

Laura O in AK said...

We just created a little reading nook in our master bedroom. Hubby and I take turns reading in it. LOVE having the nook and wish I'd had one growing up.

kewkew said...

What a wonderful idea and use of that space. I am jealous. Just a little. Sounds like a nook I would have loved.