Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Grade

Today was the first day of First Grade at the Fanno Creek Academy and Dacia Grace R-O-C-K-E-D it! Last night we went over a chore chart of sorts that allows her to be responsible for her morning routine and then for staying on task during school.  I am so glad that we took the time last night to go over this chart.  It was such a useful tool which will be used over and over an over again this year.

DSC_0497

Here she is working on her morning folder that I created from several different things I found online.  What a beauty with her toothless smile!  Probably the best picture I have of her since her teeth were pulled.

 DSC_0500 

Working on her reading notebook.  Her handwriting has approved so much during our August break.DSC_0502This year we are studying the book of Proverbs but before we dive into that we are learning about scrolls.  Here Dacia Grace is working on her alphabet scroll which she will continue to work on over the next week until all the pages done for a scroll.

Here is a list of what she would like to learn this year:

(1) To read my Bible

(2) To paint better

(3) To read on my own

0 comments: