Six and a half years ago a precious little girl entered our lives rather abruptly. She was not expected for another two months but because my body did not cooperate her arrival was eight weeks early!
Dacia Grace entered the world with many medical challenges. There were many painful days the first month of her life. When we took her home all was not a bed of roses. BUT we trusted God that He had made her and given her to us for a purpose. We were chosen to be her “godparents” for God. To care for her and to love her as our own. Regardless of the future outcome, we trusted that God makes no mistakes!
Over the next five and a half months we watched as the vague haze in her eyes transformed into an exquisite baby girl entranced with the world around her. We watched God heal this amazing little girl that He gave us and trusted us with and that we named Dacia Grace.
Dacia means God’s divine perspective. Boy has that been true! She has pointed to God repeatedly and given us and many who know her a reminder of God’s divine perspective on life.
Grace means God’s unmerited favor. I daily look at her and marvel at where we could be versus where we are! We are blessed. Not only did He lavish us with our salvation BUT He has also lavished us with His healing power in Dacia Grace’s life.
This Saturday we gathered with good friends to celebrate her life and to enjoy some of her favorite things. In light of that her sweet Daddy created a special game……a quiz for her friends to see how well they knew her. I thought I would share the quiz here. Leave your answers in the comments if you care to join in.
(1) What is her favorite color?
(2) What is her favorite vegetable?
b) Cauliflower (white broccoli)
d) Brussels Sprouts
(3) What is her favorite fruit?
(4) What is her favorite thing to do on vacation:
a) Jump from bed to bed in the hotel room
b) Go swimming
c) Play cards
d) Ride on the bell carts driven by Daddy
(5) Who does she love most?
a) Mom and Dad
c) Tia our dog
(6) What game does she like to play the most when traveling in a car a long time?
a) Fed-Ex – quickly identifying any Fed Ex car, truck, airplane, mailbox, etc.
b) Zip – quickly identifying any VW Bug
d) 100 Questions – like 21 questions
(7) What is her favorite game to play at church:
a) Duck, Duck, Goose
b) Red Rover, Red Rover
c) Poop Deck
(8) What type of clothes are her favorite to wear?
a) Blue jeans and T-shirt
b) Blouses and flowing skirts
c) Fancy dresses that twirl
d) Shorts and button up shirts
(9) How does she like to be called?
a) Dacia Grace
d) Hey You
(10) What does she like to do most any time:
c) Mope and complain that she is bored
d) Play with her dog
(11) Who is her favorite Bible character?
12) Who is her favorite princess?
a) Ariel from Little Mermaid
b) Belle from Beauty and the Beast
c) Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
d) Eloise from Veggie Tale’s The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything
e) All of the above as she likes all of the princesses and can’t choose just one.
13) What is her favorite dessert?
a) Cookies and milk
b) Ice cream
14) What is her favorite thing to watch on TV while on vacation:
a) The Food Network
b) The Cartoon Network
c) Sid, The Science Kid
d) Clifford, The Big Red Dog
(15) What is her favorite school subject?
(16) What is her all time favorite movie that she’s watched more than any other?
a) Dreamer about a girl, her race horse and her dad
b) The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything – a Veggie Tale Movie
c) Kit Kittridge – An American Girl Movie
d) Jonah and the big Fish – a Veggie Tale Movie
(17) What one talent is she very good at?
a) Solving jigsaw puzzles
b) Doing cartwheels
c) Folding napkins fancy
d) Cracking eggs in a bowl
(18) What is her favorite wish for all of her family, friends and neighbors?
a) To smile and be happy
b) To obey their parents so they don’t get consequences
c) To grow up to be kind and nice to others
d) To know and love Jesus so they will go to heaven with her.
Pictures will follow in another post.