Sunday, May 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

We are home from a two week trip to southern California to visit Arthur's family as well as have some family time ourselves. We started on May 7th with a 30 hour train ride from Portland to Los Angeles. We were not sure what to expect from Dacia Grace. She did wonderfully! She had no problem sleeping on the train...neither did Arthur which is no surprise! On the other hand, I had some troubles sleeping....no surprise there either!

I fell in love with riding the rails! I am a big fan of long car trips but riding the rails beats the long road trips in my book. I am ready for another one SOON!

We arrived refreshed and ready to start vacation....not at all jet lagged like normal. Yes, we are some of those people who get jet lagged even travelling in the same time zone.

We went to La Quinta, California which is out by Palm Desert for a few days where we enjoyed the sunshine and the pool. Then it was back to HOT Los Angeles for a few days of family time where we visited Auntie Maxine's workplace....Disneyland and California Adventure. Thank you so much Auntie Maxine!

Then it was Torrey Pines, California which is just a few miles north of La Jolla, California. LOVED IT! We were even able to find the exact place that I had visited while in college...I was there for just an hour or so but fell in love with it....so nice to go back....La Jolla Cove, California. If you are ever able to visit, make sure to look up Brockton Villa which is this wonderful quaint restaurant overlooking the cove. We were able to enjoy the pelicans, the cove, the park and the seals!

Finally it was time to take Arthur's Mom and Dad to Los Vegas. We were prepared for hot Vegas weather. The day before we arrived it was 108 degrees in the shade. The day we arrived it was 69 degrees in the sun and WINDY! So we managed but did not spend as much time in the pool as we had anticipated. We enjoyed the Bellagio fountains and the time together as a family. I am still not that comfortable with all that Dacia Grace's little eyes and ears took in there but I am confident that God will cover her with his grace.

Saturday the 24th we flew back to Portland. The flight was fairly easy and comfortable. But it felt so good to be home....even when we realized that both Arthur and I had come home with an unexpected souvenir and an unwelcome one......a spring cold! UGH!

I will post the pictures soon! I have to recharge the batteries....both the camera and my body ones!

0 comments: