Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday's Weads



Princess books are not the only type of books that are loved in our home. Dacia Grace also devours the Cowboy Sam series One of the reasons that she enjoys this series is because of the horses that are part of the stories. I foresee horses being another one of her favorite subjects at some point in the future.

Cowboy Sam and his friends live in Texas (I believe) in the 30's or 40's. They brand cows, adopt a Skunk, corral horses, and track down cow rustlers. The stories and the vocabulary are engaging as well as the illustrations. Aimed primarily at boys, many girls are also interested because of their love for horses.

We "found" this series because I read these when I was in kindergarten. When I was single I found about ten of the books from the Cowboy Sam series and bought them hoping that one day I would be able to share them with my children. You can purchase these books now through Amazon.com.

0 comments: